Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Heaven Rejoices


On Friday, January 23rd, a beloved woman was called Home. My grandmother, or Granny Sara as we fondly called her, walked through the gates of Heaven and ran into the arms of the love of her life, my Papa. My life has been shaped and molded like a potter makes intricate clay art by this woman and her husband. I am so blessed to have spent time with her merely a week ago - and had the opportunity to say my "I Love Yous". Her candle will remain brightly lit in my life. There is a peace that passes all understanding when you know that she is reunited with her loved ones and is resting in the arms of God. A friend brought my attention to a poignant verse and I think it is quite appropriate. John 16:22 "Now is your time of grief, but I will see you again and you will rejoice and no one will take away your joy."

I love you, Granny Sara. Thank you for raising the strong, Godly woman I call Mother, who has in turn shaped me into who I am today. I will always carry you with me.

Posted by Picasa