Friday, September 16, 2011

Funny Conversation




 Cade was SO good at the zoo today.  When we got there, he was tempted to "run ahead" of me and I quickly pulled him to the side to have a chat.  I told him how important it was that he stay close to Mommy all day, and not to run ahead of me.  He listened SO well, and even held my hand part of the day.  :)
On the way home - he said he wanted a cheeseburger.  I asked him if he really wanted a cheeseburger or just the toy.  He came clean and said he wanted the toy.  So I told him that I had a little something special for him when we got home - to thank him for being such a good  boy and listening to me at the zoo.  Of course, he fell asleep by the time we got home and I laid him down when we walked in the door.  But when he woke up - he quickly remembered he was supposed to get a little treasure.  I gave him a little dinosaur.  (I had recently bought an assortment of dinosaurs at the consignment store for $2.50 and I'm saving them for these little victories!)

Cade LOVED IT!  He said, "This is like the T-rex we saw at the zoo, Mommy!"  AND THEN - this is my favorite part - he said, "Mommy........you drove in your car to the store and went into the store and saw this dinosaur and said 'Hmmm, I think Cade would like this dinosaur' and then you bought it for me!".   I laughed out loud and said, "Yes, Cade - that's exactly what I did".   :)