Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Happy FIRST Birthday, Cade!

Hard to believe, that 365 days ago today I was in labor - anxiously awaiting the gift God was blessing us with. As a very green mommy, I didn't realize how many hours of sleep we would crave, the hundreds of diapers we would change, or the never-ending bottle washings! But nothing could have prepared me for the amazing bond that has grown between Stefan and I and our precious son. How is it possible to love someone so much? What a joy Cade has been to our family.

We were excited to celebrate Cade's 1st birthday this past Saturday with a small family party at our home. We had a ball - singing Happy Birthday, opening gifts and tearing into our first official Smash Cake! Cade loved holding up his "1" finger - making sure everyone knew he was one year old. :)

Later that afternoon, we met up with many of Cade's friends at The Monkey's Treehouse for Round 2 of this momentous occasion. Here the kids enjoyed a puppet show as well as a musical performance from musician and children's author, Josh Cassidy. And what's a birthday party without cake? So Smash Cake #2 was also enjoyed...can you say sugar rush?!? It was definitely a first birthday to remember!

Happy Birthday, Baby Boy --- We Love You!





I'm ONE!