Thursday, September 18, 2008

Am I Seeing Double?

Before we had Cade, I wish I had a dollar for every time someone asked us, "Do you think the baby will look like Lizanne or Stefan? -- Will he have fair skin or dark skin? -- Will he have blonde hair or dark hair?" Well the verdict is IN! I'm sure most of you reading this have already determined that our precious son is the spitting image of his handsome father. (I must say, that I was a little surprised that those deeply rooted blonde-haired, fair-skinned genes didn't sneak in there.) Of course the Lagniappe in all of this means I don't have to buy stock in SPF 50+ when my baby boy goes huntin' & fishin' or out to the pool! ** Lagniappe means: a little somethin' extra!

Just for fun, I've scanned in a photo of Stefan at 6 weeks of age - alongside a photo I took of Cade at the same age. Pretty amazing stuff.















I take joy each day, looking at Cade, seeing what a beautiful child he is. We are so blessed.