Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day


It's been a wonderful Mother's Day. It's hard to believe that just a year ago, Cade was about to turn one, and he was just learning to walk and eat solid food. This year, he's chasing dogs in the backyard, eating pasta and cheeseburgers and telling me what he wants (and doesn't want) to do! What a difference a year makes...

My day started with a precious little gift called "sleeping late". My little man is programmed to get up around 6am each morning, but for whatever reason, today was Mommy's Day and he chose to sleep in until just after 8am. :) As Cade was slowly waking up, he caressed my face and gave me the biggest, wet kiss on the lips - like he KNEW this was MY day! It was the sweetest morning I can ever remember.

We enjoyed a delicious brunch at Noshville Delicatessen where I topped off the meal with my addiction to their New York cheesecake, which they get specially flown in from the Carnegie Deli in NY. After brunch, I happily retreated to my quiet place where I took a delightful nap to sleep off the calories I had just inhaled. Once I woke up, Cade surprised me with a beautiful bouquet of flowers, a gift card to one of my favorite stores and the most precious card I think I've ever received. It was one of those Hallmark "record it yourself" messages -------- and Cade had gotten some help from Daddy on how to say "Happy" - "Mama's" - "Day!". My little parrot said it perfectly! I wish I could record it and share the excitement on the blog ... it's definitely "a keeper".